Sunday 31 December 2017

The Biodegradable apocalypse!

As a new year slithers purposefully towards us, the time of the Biodegradable apocalypse is at hand!

Issue 22, due out in September 2018, will be the last planned issue of 100% Biodegradable...but we'll be going out with a bang!  In fact, issues 20 to 22 have had to have their page count expanded (but not their price) just so we can fit all the carnage in.  There'll be classic strips from the likes of Alan Burrows, Alan Grant, Ian Edginton and many of our regulars, such as Brett Burbridge, Dave Thomson and Tony Suleri.

With such quality contributions on the cards, why is 100% Biodegradable ending, you might ask.  Well, it was always my intention to aim for the 5 year mark, and with issue 22 I'll have achieved just that.  Much as I'd love to keep the comic going, editing 100% Biodegradable is ridiculously time consuming and I rarely have a moment spare to get any writing done.  As well as the next Death Duty and Skowdogs series, I have several novels to finish off, more sitcoms to write, and various other comic mini-series to plan and release.

So, 2018 will be the year the comic beast died...though there's nothing to stop 100% Biodegradable crawling back out of its grave at some point in the future, once I've cleared my schedule a bit (after all, you can't keep a good undead hell-beast down).

To all the creators, readers, and reviewers who've supported 100% Biodegradable over the last 4 years, you have my deepest gratitude.  You have helped make it a comic that I'm extremely proud of, and I look forward to actually having the time to re-read past issues without the next issue's deadline looming on the horizon.

Before I sign off for the year, here's a preview of some of the strips appearing in 100% Biodegradable's last three issues.  As you'll see, there's still plenty to look forward to.

- Dave Hailwood

Funguys by Alan Grant and Alan Burrows

Time Waits by David Hailwood, Gary O' Donnell and Anne-Marie Webb

Rumblebot Rampage by Tim West and Edward R. Norden


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.